OnMac.net: Windows XP on Intel Macs

Go Back   OnMac.net Forums > Help!

Old 28th June 2006, 08:28 AM
The Quiet Type

Unhappy I'm a new Mac user and very frustrated.

We purchased the Macmini core duo. I installed my existing version of Windows XP (I now suspect that it isn't the correct version). I am having problems with it asking for "usbehci.sys" and also with the Windows program not recognizing my printer. I have the printer driver disk and have installed it according to the directions. But nothing is changing.

Windows is functioning to the degree that it will load and operate most PC programs, however I can't print from it so it's not really working for me.

Any advice would be helpful. I truly wish I could return this computer. It really didn't live up to the hype. Thank you.
Old 29th June 2006, 04:13 PM
Onmac Addict

Why didn't you post what version of Windows you installed (since you listed it as a possible problem, that would definitely be useful info)? Also, why CAN'T you return the computer? Or do you just not want to pay a restocking fee?
Old 29th June 2006, 07:09 PM
The Quiet Type

Are you always this charming?

It is past the 30 days that are given to return the item. The store will not accept it.

The Windows XP program is the original one that came with my Gateway in 2000. It is not a PRO and it does not appear to be capable of recognizing two operating systems (all of this I picked up from reading similar threads. I am not computer savvy). Unfortunately, when I purchased the computer, the salesperson did not bring this to my attention.

I removed the Windows partition yesterday and have restored the computer. When I have another hundred plus dollars to spend, I'll consider buying the appropriate Windows for this purpose.
Old 1st July 2006, 12:45 AM
Should be dual-booting by now.

What do you mean, the operating system has nothing to do with another operating system...