OnMac.net: Windows XP on Intel Macs

Go Back   OnMac.net Forums > OS Discussion > OS X

Old 29th January 2008, 06:53 AM
The Quiet Type

Unhappy Problem install Mac Application on Vmware Tiger-86

Please help me... I try loving Mac by get tiger-86 installed on My Vmware. Basically my host is WinXP Sp2. After i put in, everything is OK, except 2:
1. I can't hear audio (My Soundcard is Realtek)
2. I can't install mac application (like .app, .kext) ,
I try to download some application from apple.com or coolosxapp.com. But still i can't run it. I can't install it. Why?
I'm newbie on Mac. Anyone can help me?
Old 30th January 2008, 02:05 PM

Exclamation

I'm afraid that the usage you've described violates the Mac OS X Software License Agreement. From page 1, paragraph 2A, first sentence: "This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time." (emphasis mine) The entire SLA can be found here, for reference.

Just think about it for a second: You steal software, attempt to install it in a non-supported emulation environment, on non-supported hardware, and then you actually act surprised when things don't quite work the same as they would on a genuine Macintosh. What exactly is going through your mind, here? I actually want to know... because I am completely baffled as to how someone can just automatically expect such illicit activities to work out exactly in their favor.

Oh... and I strongly disagree with your opening premise: You're not trying to love Mac with what you're doing... you're trying to use MacOS X without spending any money on an actual Mac. If you love someone, you don't steal from them.