OnMac.net: Windows XP on Intel Macs

Go Back   OnMac.net Forums > OS Discussion > Windows

Old 11th September 2008, 10:53 PM
The Quiet Type

Default Bootcamp Drivers?

Sorry, I have a really newb question, this is my first time trying to install XP on a Macbook, I have been looking around for awhile especially the thread about getting Macbook to run XP solely, but I don't understand what you guys are talking about when your saying "Burn the Bootcamp Driver CD first". are these the drivers that are suppose to be installed after I installed XP to make the hardware work properly? I looked on Apple's website and found bootcamp drivers 2.0 which is around 200mb, and a .exe file, this is the file that Im looking for?

Thanks.
Old 12th September 2008, 09:14 PM

Times have changed quite a bit since the posts you're reading... The drivers which are referred to on this forum were the public beta version of Bootcamp (which you did indeed describe correctly). Those beta drivers are no longer available on the Apple website, as the final version of BootCamp has been rolled into the MacOS X 10.5 (Leopard) installation DVD; the normal installation method today would be to boot into Windows and just insert the MacOS X DVD, which should auto-run the setup program.

If there is a place on Apple's website where you can find a current version of the XP drivers, then I'm completely unaware of it. Can you provide a link to the page with the download that you mentioned?

Last edited by zarmanto : 12th September 2008 at 09:17 PM.