OnMac.net: Windows XP on Intel Macs

Go Back   OnMac.net Forums > Alternative OSes on Apple Hardware > Boot Camp

Old 29th September 2006, 07:46 AM
The Quiet Type

Send a message via AIM to Sponzert Send a message via MSN to Sponzert Send a message via Yahoo to Sponzert
Arrow Big Bootcamp Trouble

Hi,
I'm trying to install Bootcamp and all works fine, partition and installing is smooth sailing. Installing the drivers is no problem, but.....

The problem i have is when i reboot and start Windows again it shuts down with a BSOD and start again. it gets in a loop so to speak. This Windows runs fine in parallels, so thats not the problem. Does anyone now what i can do to run Windows in Bootcamp?

I have an iMac 2,16-GHz early 2006 with 2 Gig memory inside.
I hope someone can help me.

Edit.
There is something i like to try. The first bootcamp workt for me. I dont have that anymore. Maybe one of you can help me there with that?

Sorry for the poor English, I'm Dutch

Last edited by Sponzert : 29th September 2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 29th September 2006, 02:34 PM
Head Honcho

Send a message via ICQ to sud0n1m Send a message via AIM to sud0n1m Send a message via MSN to sud0n1m

Usually a driver error will cause windows to get into a BSOD loop like that. Try booting into safe mode, uninstalling the apple drivers and then boot back up. See if that gets rid of the BSOD. Then, if so, maybe try reinstalling the apple drivers.
Old 29th September 2006, 02:51 PM
The Quiet Type

Send a message via AIM to Sponzert Send a message via MSN to Sponzert Send a message via Yahoo to Sponzert

Thank you for your reply. I did a clean install again with Bootcamp 1.0.2. I installed Windows and there was no problem. Running smooth and no BSOD. And yes your right, after i have installed the drivers it started. I startup Windows and i really don't have to do anything, just wait for 20 seconds and there he goes, reboot and starts to loop. Now we now what the problem is, but what can we do? I have tried this 15 times with different versions of Bootcamp. it keeps rebooting. I don't need the Blue tooth drivers and i don't have a wireless network, so i don't need those drivers. Is there a way to install the video-drivers alone and see what-else i need?

Edit.
I have tried what you told me. Booted in Safe mode and tryed to de-install the drivers. No luck there. When i push the remove button it says:
Error 1719.
The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in Safe mode, or if the Windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact........

When i try to re-install them in safe mode i get this error.
Unable to install Install Shield Scripting Runtime.

I really don't now what i can do to fix this problem. Re-installing Windows is not the problem, that only takes 30 minutes maybe, but then what? Do i really need those drivers? I think i need those video-drivers for sure. Any ideas left?

Last edited by Sponzert : 29th September 2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 29th September 2006, 04:55 PM
Onmac Addict

If you start from scratch, I'm pretty sure you can install the video driver (though I'd assume you'd want sound soon after) by just cancelling any hardware wizards that pop up and then finding the video card in the Device Manager and manually updating the driver by pointing it to the files on the Driver CD (or on your hard drive if you copy them over first)
Old 29th September 2006, 05:09 PM
The Quiet Type

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj21ya
If you start from scratch, I'm pretty sure you can install the video driver (though I'd assume you'd want sound soon after) by just cancelling any hardware wizards that pop up and then finding the video card in the Device Manager and manually updating the driver by pointing it to the files on the Driver CD (or on your hard drive if you copy them over first)
Thank you. That i can try. Just cansel out everything i dont need and see what happens after i'm finisht. Lets hope this solves my problem. I let you now what happens. Have no time this weekend so it will be next week. Thank you all for the support.
Old 29th September 2006, 09:55 PM
Should be dual-booting by now.

You can possibly find the actual OEM video drivers on their website. I don't know if ATI is used on the Imac or Invidea.

Video seems to be a re-occuring issues across many boot camp installs.

On the imac, I am not sure if there is brightness.exe that loads as on the Macbookpro, but that is what killed me on boot. It is trying to load into start up (sys tray). It must come with the Apple ATI video driver. The only way I got around it was loading a startup editor and killing it on startup. Once the machine gets Up 100%, you can then launch it fine.

Paul c.
Old 29th September 2006, 10:10 PM
The Quiet Type

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2660
You can possibly find the actual OEM video drivers on their website. I don't know if ATI is used on the Imac or Invidea.

Video seems to be a re-occuring issues across many boot camp installs.

On the imac, I am not sure if there is brightness.exe that loads as on the Macbookpro, but that is what killed me on boot. It is trying to load into start up (sys tray). It must come with the Apple ATI video driver. The only way I got around it was loading a startup editor and killing it on startup. Once the machine gets Up 100%, you can then launch it fine.

Paul c.
I'm installing it now as we speak. This is the last time for me. I'm gonna cansel out most of the drivers and install only that what i really need. I let you now what happens.

Edit.

Finisht. And again i had the same problems. I could not select just this and that to install. Had to do the complete package. But as you have told me, it is the "Brightnes" that is giving me problems. So i booted in safe mode en under cmd/msconfig/startup i disabled that brightnes and now it's oke. Does not reboot and working fine now. Thank you all for the help and input.

Last edited by Sponzert : 29th September 2006 at 10:57 PM.