OnMac.net: Windows XP on Intel Macs

Go Back   OnMac.net Forums > Alternative OSes on Apple Hardware > Boot Camp

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th October 2006, 10:43 AM
The Quiet Type

Default Vista RC2 Thoughts

So I had been running RC1 for a couple of weeks with few issues (sleeping/BSOD/Dual Monitor issues) - liking Vista, better than XP but not OSX. FYI I'm running a 17" MacBook Pro.
So far in just a few hours of RC2 I've found some hardware doesn't work anymore and some now does (isight - kinda). So heres the thread we can hopefully figure some stuff out.

Problems I've encountered so far -

Bluetooth - after using the fix to get it actually going, and attempting to install my M$ BT keyboard not only does it fail to install but I also get 2 unknown 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' and no drivers can be found. Oh the irony of having the same company that makes the OS and the KBoard but doesn't release even Beta drivers for them. I had the keyboard working perfect in RC1 but RC2 is different (theres a new, darker, BT icon for one).

Display - my dual screen setup was forever forgetting I have my second display on the left - this seems to be fixed - yay. I still get weird glitches on the screen but it stays stable.

Unknown devices - on top of the 2 bluetooth devices, theres 3 other unknown devices - Performance Counters, a USB H.I.D. and the ever useful 'Unknown Device'. Can't remember how many there were in RC1 but I don't remember there being more than 2.

iSight - although now installed using the Apple drivers I can't get it to work in Skype - although I have seen other users on the forums say they have it working in MSN.

No BSOD so far but if its even 1/10th like RC1 then I should have one somepoint during a fresh boot.

Anyone else got issues in the same or different areas?